100+ Latitude and Longitude Questions and Answers Pdf - 1
What are latitudes?
Latitudes are imaginary lines that are drawn with intervals from east to west as parallels on the globe. We cannot see them on the surface.
Difference between Longitudes and Latitudes?
1. Imaginary lines drawn in the east to west direction.
2. They are parallel to each other.
3. There are 180 latitudes.
4. They are not same in length.
5. The 0° latitude is called the Equator.
6. They are useful to know the approximate climatic conditions of a place.
7. They are not uniform in length. They do not meet at the poles.
1. Imaginary lines drawn in the north to south direction.
2. They are not parallel to each other.
3. There are 360 longitudes.
4. They are same in length.
5. The 0° longitude is called the Greenwich Meridian.
6. They are useful to find out the time in a particular place on the Earth.
7. They are all uniform in length and they all meet at the poles.
What is greenwich meridian?
The longitude that is drawn across Greenwich has been taken as the 0° longitude. This longitude is also called the Greenwich Meridian.
What are the uses of Latitudes and Longitudes?
The major use of Latitudes and Longitudes is that they are useful to locate a place on the earth.
The latitudes are also useful to know the approximate climatic conditions of the place. The longitudes are useful to find out the time in a particular place on the Earth.
Define eastern hemisphere and western hemisphere?
The eastern half, east of 0° longitude is called eastern hemisphere.
The western half, west of 0° longitude is called the western hemisphere.
GATE Metallurgical Engineering Previous Year Papers Pdf More
Extractive Metallurgy Interview Questions & Answers More
Mineral Dressing Objective Quiz, Multiple Choice Questions Pdf More
Nuclear Metals Objective Quiz Questions & Answers Pdf More
Physical Metallurgy Previous Year Question Papers with Solutions Pdf More
100+ Important Days in December for Bank Exams, SSC, UPSC, PSC More
1000+ Data Interpretation Aptitude Questions and Answers Pdf More
TNPSC Environmental Science Quiz Questions and Answers More
100+ Mechanical Engineering Turbo Machines MCQ Questions and Answers More
1000+ Civil Engineering Surveying MCQ Questions and Answers More